I mentioned this on Facebook earlier this week, but one of the things I love about social media is being able to connect, and share ideas with creative people. This week I was introduced to “linkups” through blogs by the wonderfully talented Emily Ryan. She shares in her post her wishes for this coming week. An idea inspired by Melyssa. These beautiful and creative women have inspired me to write my own “Weekly Wishes” list, and I have decided to make it a regular post here each Sunday.
- Listen to music for 10 minutes each day uninterrupted – I have always loved music. When I was a little boy I tried out for a solo singing edelweiss in my elementary schools music review. I got the part. When I got home to tell my parents, they were kind, but they didn’t believe me, and thought I was making it up. My Mom tells me she was very surprised when I stepped up on stage and sang a beautiful song that put her in tears as she listened. I have always loved music, but as an adult I have noticed I have not really been listening to music. Sure I have it on in the car, or while I work, but how often do I just listen to music? So this week I have a goal to listen to just 10 minutes of uninterrupted music each day. No phone, computer, internet, TV, or any other distracting activity. Just me and the music!
- Write 4 new blog posts – I really enjoy writing. There is something soothing about writing, that frees your soul. So this week I want to write 4 new posts. They can be for this blog, or for Geek and Gamer Fitness.
- Read 70 pages of a good book – I recently read that too many books can be a distraction. How many of us have read an amazing book cover to cover, put it down, and picked up the next book on our reading list? When we find a book with thought provoking ideas we should read it over and over again, studying its words. So this week its my intention to read 70 pages of only one book, and learn from it.
- Make progress on my new puzzle I bought a new puzzle in Seattle a few weeks ago. Its beautiful and I want to glue it together and hang in on my office wall. The problem is its a VERY hard puzzle, and I am not very good at puzzles. So I want to just make progress on it.
- Write 1000 words in my Dragon Riders novel
- Paint my office a new color – I have been slowly organizing my home office again, and want to paint it a new color. I am thinking a calming sea blue.
- Clean my car – Trust me when I say its filthy! It really needs it!
- Go on three 30 minute walks with my wife – Terra and I went on a walk the other day, and it was wonderful. No phones, computers, or other distractions. Just me and her. I really enjoyed talking to her, and holding her hand. Plus we live in WA so I should take advantage of the nice weather before the rain returns.
- Stick to my diet 100% – This includes logging everything into myfitnesspal
- Complete 7 workouts this week each lasting 30 minutes or more
3 thoughts on “Weekly Wishes #1”
This is SO great Jason. I love your list. Thank you so much for the nice shout out too. You’re too kind. You better start cleaning out that car today. Ha! Can’t wait to hear next week how it went. I think it’s being important to art goals like this but then not be disappointed if you don’t tackle then. It’s good just to have a focus. 🙂
Pingback: Monday Coffee Morning ~ Routines, Birthdays & Paperwork | The Move to America
Thanks for linking to my Blog social Monday Coffee Morning! Nice to meet you through the blogging world – as I am a fairly new-ish blogger I love the social aspect of it all too. I hope you’ll join in with my Coffee Morning again!