It’s been a hard year. My life has changed significantly, & as we come to the close of 2015 I am disappointed at how little I accomplished this year. My 2015 goals were abandoned along the road side early in the year out of a sheer need to survive.
But despite this being a hard year, I am grateful for some many things. So here are 5 things that are going right in my life right now 🙂
- I am listening to Christmas music. I know this may not seem like a big deal, but I assure you it is. Last year I didn’t celebrate Christmas. No tree, lights, decorations, or music. This year I was so excited to begin the Christmas holiday that I had music playing on Thanksgiving. As I listen to some of my favorite Christmas melodies I cant help but smile, and look forward to the Christmas season.
- I am picking up pictures today. Now this may not seem like a big deal to you, but this is the first set of pictures I have actually had printed in years. When I moved to CA, and started decorating my room, I hung several cork boards. However all the photos I have are close to 10 years old. So I went through all my phones photos, and my online cloud storage, and selected a wide assortment of photos to be printed, and eventually hung on the wall.
- Star Wars is coming out in less then a month. Need I say more?
- Yesterday Kiri, Sydney, Ken, and myself went to Disneyland for a family day at the park, and to enjoy Seasons of the Force. While we were there we may or may not have taken this amazing picture.
- But perhaps the most important thing that is going right in my life is my decision to be happy, and move forward with my life. It’s been a hard year yes, but I am not going to let those hardships define who I am or how I behave. I have wonderful people in my life, and great opportunities. So I am choosing to focus on the good instead of the past.