…and good riddance! I think I can speak for most people when I say 2016 was not the greatest year in the history of mankind. As I have looked out on social media I have read hundreds of posts talking about 2016 being hard on so many people.
For myself 2016 has been challenging to say the least, but I think I can honestly say I am looking forward to 2017 with a hopeful attitude.
I will be honest I have some pretty big goals for 2017 and it will take an extraordinary amount of effort and focus to accomplish them.
I am not ready to share with you all everything I have planned just yet, but I can give you a few things to look forward to in the days and weeks to come.
- I will start posting on this blog on a more regular basis. This will include at bare minimum at least one post each week (probably on Wednesdays).
- I will be producing at least one big creative project every 3 months. These projects could be in the form of writing, video, song, etc. Each quarter will be a surprise.
- Obviously the publication of Lucifer is on the horizon and we will be announcing that very soon.
- You will also notice a few new posts to my social media sites, including photos, workouts, and maybe even a few videos.
So goodbye 2016. Given the full range of various tortures you put us all through I can’t say I am sorry to see you go, but I can say I am excited to see the beginning of 2017.
Let the future begin!
Recently Wil Wheaton did a life reset, and started writing about it on his blog. I’ve been following his progress with great interest, and have been happy to see his results thus far.
I am always happy to see someone succeed at making positive changes in their life. Change is hard, and it is not something we will only have to face once. So after almost a year of taking a break on goals and ambitions I have decided to follow Wil’s example and do a hard reset of my own.
I will be honest I am not looking forward to the next week or two, because, as I used to tell my clients, the first week is always the hardest.
Here is the breakdown of my goals…
- Fitness & Health – Improve my overall health through proper eating, exercise, and sleep.
- Money – Improve my money by creating a budget, tracking all expenses, and saving 10% of all income.
- Creative Projects – Add to the world in a positive way by creating good groups, events, and activities.
- Writing and Reading – Read and write more.
- Associations – Improve my inner circle by looking for good friendships, and improving existing friendships.
Now I know what you are thinking…Most of these goals are a bit, vague. Not to worry, with each goal I have written specific and measurable steps that will help me accomplish the overall idea.
Fitness & Health
- Complete 156 workouts – Workouts must last longer then 30 minutes.
- Start eating a healthy breakfast, lunch and dinner.
- Sleep 8 hours per night – For the moment hours of rest are 12-8.
- Meditate daily – Using the app HeadSpace.
I apologize, but I won’t be sharing the steps of each goal with you here. Some of them are private, and only between me, myself, and I. However I will be grading myself each week, and giving small “accountability” posts each week.
It is my hope, that by doing this I can improve the quality of my life. Something I have very much been in need of for some time.
So wish me luck, unto the breach, and away I go!