Recently Wil Wheaton did a life reset, and started writing about it on his blog. I’ve been following his progress with great interest, and have been happy to see his results thus far.
I am always happy to see someone succeed at making positive changes in their life. Change is hard, and it is not something we will only have to face once. So after almost a year of taking a break on goals and ambitions I have decided to follow Wil’s example and do a hard reset of my own.
I will be honest I am not looking forward to the next week or two, because, as I used to tell my clients, the first week is always the hardest.
Here is the breakdown of my goals…
- Fitness & Health – Improve my overall health through proper eating, exercise, and sleep.
- Money – Improve my money by creating a budget, tracking all expenses, and saving 10% of all income.
- Creative Projects – Add to the world in a positive way by creating good groups, events, and activities.
- Writing and Reading – Read and write more.
- Associations – Improve my inner circle by looking for good friendships, and improving existing friendships.
Now I know what you are thinking…Most of these goals are a bit, vague. Not to worry, with each goal I have written specific and measurable steps that will help me accomplish the overall idea.
Fitness & Health
- Complete 156 workouts – Workouts must last longer then 30 minutes.
- Start eating a healthy breakfast, lunch and dinner.
- Sleep 8 hours per night – For the moment hours of rest are 12-8.
- Meditate daily – Using the app HeadSpace.
I apologize, but I won’t be sharing the steps of each goal with you here. Some of them are private, and only between me, myself, and I. However I will be grading myself each week, and giving small “accountability” posts each week.
It is my hope, that by doing this I can improve the quality of my life. Something I have very much been in need of for some time.
So wish me luck, unto the breach, and away I go!